Identify Society Homeless 366 4/24/2024 Day 207, Wednesday, Work is good for the soul

4/24/2024 Day 207, Wednesday, Work is good for the soul


At 6:30 a.m. I woke up in the tent feeling a lot better. The antibiotic had begun to clear up some of the infection I believe in my sinuses. I still don’t feel well so I laid around until about a little after 7:00 and then I started getting ready for work.

Ezekiel arrived at the shelter at 7:00 a.m. to help coordinate jobs for the shelter guests. I arrived a little after 8:00 a.m. and then I drove over to the faith-based homeless day shelter at 9:00 a.m. I did coordinated entries into the rapid rehousing system for two men that are homeless. 

Bert, a recovery coach that works for a law enforcement agency called me around 10:00 a.m. and asked to come out with the Outreach team. Bert said he would meet me at The faith-based homeless day shelter in 45 minutes. Bert arrived just while I was finishing a homeless man’s intake into the rapid rehousing referral system. 

I walked down the street to the harm reduction Center with Bert and spoke with two women that are recovery coaches at the harm reduction Center. They were still trying to get a homeless woman we had been talking with the day before into addiction treatment. I will follow up tomorrow to see if she ever went to treatment. Bert had some things to do, so we parted ways.

At 11:00 a.m. Ezekiel and I drove back to the shelter where we took two car loads of shelter guests to a staffing agency in Lowell. In total there were about 12 shelter guests. Everybody got signed up to do work at a warehouse. 

We arrived back at the shelter with the shelter guests at 2:00 p.m. The outreach team went back out to the encampments behind Riverside Church where I did coordinated entries into the rapid rehousing system for three homeless men. We also gave out cookies, drinks, socks, trash bags, and candies to the people in the encampment. 

The Outreach team returned back to the shelter a little after 3:30. We wrapped up our day by finishing paperwork.

I hung around the shelter until about 6:30 p.m. I jumped on my virtual prison to prosperity meeting, but none of the guys showed up. At 8:00 p.m. I went to the TMF dinner. It was good to see some friends and have a nice meal. 

After the dinner I drove to my campsite and went to bed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post