Identify Society Homeless 366 12/18/23 Day 79, Monday, Salem, A Stormy Day

12/18/23 Day 79, Monday, Salem, A Stormy Day

8:30 a.m. I wake up. My lady wakes up shortly after me. We get our stuff together and get ready to head out for the day. She’s working, and I have a lot of work to do myself.

9:30 a.m. I drove to the library, there was a big rain storm raging through the night. The visibility is bad, but I made it to the library unscathed. I have no choice but to sit in my car and work on things. I like sitting in the car opposed to going into the library because I can voice-to-text these blogs.

11:30 a.m. I decided to walk to lunch at Lifebridge. I see a fellow that I’ve seen in the library and at the Lifebridge meals walking in front of me. I said hi to this guy a couple times, but he never responds. I wonder what his situation is? I walk quietly behind him and when I get close he turns around and I say “hi” he ignores me.

12:15 p.m. Lunch is served, which is grilled cheese with bacon and chicken noodle soup and a brownie and chips. There’s also other food in the fridge that I eat, like yogurt and some fruit. While I’m at LifeBridge I have a conversation with a man named Sean that I’ve seen a few times. He tells me that Matt the musician has checked himself into the hospital to detox off of alcohol. He said that Matt just walked up there, and decided to get himself some help. I admire this, and I look forward to seeing Matt when he comes back.

12:45 p.m. I walked back to the library in the rain. I spend the next few hours in my car working on blogs. I make a few phone calls and talk to friends. I talked to Lori Ann, the director of donations for the nonprofit, as well as Cassidy, one of our associates out of Connecticut, who’s been helping us with donations. The plan is for me to drive down to Connecticut to get more donations to give out after Christmas to keep people warm in the winter.

4:30 p.m. I walk back over to the dinner at Lifebridge. I hang out and eat the dinner which is turkey tonight. As usual there’s about 20 to 30 people in the day center. The rain has begun to subside but there’s still some wind. It’s extremely warm out, almost 60°. After dinner I walk back to my car and I drive over to the location of my camp. I parked the car and I grab my little backpack. I trek out into the forest to make sure that my camp was not destroyed by the storm.

6:45 p.m. I arrive at my camp. I was startled by a couple morning doves that are probably eating worms that are coming up out of the soil. The weather is beautiful and the night has a magic feel to it. I made a couple of videos of the beautiful night and my tent after the storm. The only issue with the tent is some moisture on the floor in front of the door to the tent. I’m guessing that the water must have blown through the zipper. I keep the door open for a while, then I turn on the tent warmer to dry out the moisture.

9:00 p.m. After relaxing and scrolling online for a while I decided it’s time for bed. I shut off my devices and I’m rocked to sleep by the sound of the dwindling winds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post